Can you locate this picture by Stanley Badmin?
This piece was almost definitely commissioned as a travel poster for the Southwest, though its location is unknown and may be a combination of a real place and the artists imagination. Can you identify it?
This piece was almost definitely commissioned as a travel poster for the Southwest, though its location is unknown and may be a combination of a real place and the artists imagination.
Stanley Roy Badmin was known for his detailed watercolours, though it was his book illustrations that brought him to a wider audience, and in the later years of his career that he was asked regularly to produce travel posters for clients such as London Transport and British Railways.
This poster is likely to be one such commission.
Stanley Roy Badmin (1906 - 1989)
The South West
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 6 great walks near Skipton
22" x 16.5"
To be exhibited at the Watercolours + Works on Paper Fair 2011 by Kaye Michie
Can you identify the location of this picture? If it looks familiar, we would love to know your thoughts.