NEW THINGS TO TRY THIS AUTUMN
Autumn provides the perfect time to learn something new - Fancy yourself as the gardening goddess or a mixologist able to shake up a few cocktails? Expand your horizons and your skills in one wild weekend in Cornwall...
1. Eat a cricket falafel at The Great Cornish Food Festival
The Great Cornish Food Festival, 23 Sep 2016 to 25 Sep 2016, Truro
The three-day extravaganza will see over 100 different food experts, chefs and producers gather to celebrate Cornwall’s beautiful bounty, and showcase why the county’s culinary delights have helped it gain a reputation as the UK’s No. 1 destination for great food and drink. Enjoy cookery demonstrations, workshops, food and drinks pairings.
2. Surf and shake at Fistral Beach
Learn how to surf with the Quiksilver surf school, and then hang out in the Fistral Beach Hotel bar shaking things up with a cocktail making session in the Bay Bar.
3. Get green fingers at the amazing Lost Gardens of Heligan
- 1 Win a luxury Christmas hamper worth £250 from Bakers & Larners of Holt
- 2 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 3 WIN a stunning Jo Downs art piece worth £520
- 4 8 beautiful towns in Kent to visit over Christmas
- 5 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 6 12 of the best Christmas events in Surrey
- 7 Win a theatre break in Manchester to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- 8 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 9 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 10 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
Craft floral arrangements; learn the art of onion stringing, Victorian vegetables and fruit gardening at the Lost Gardens of Heligan. Join a masterclasses or taster sessions at with the Heligan gardeners, local guest chefs and producers.
4. Learn wild butchery on the banks of the River Fal.
Embark on a two day wild butchery course with 7th Rise and Thom Hunt, the wild food chef from the TV show Three Hungry Boys’. Learn the crafts of knife selection and sharpening, and basic fish filleting skills before moving onto rabbit, pigeon, deer and pig.
5. Enjoy a guided coastal walk or catch a fish in Falmouth
Enjoy wild life watching or jump on board one of the many fishing trips out of the harbour. Cornwall’s coastal waters offer the perfect environment for pods of dolphins, groups of seals, basking sharks and whales.