ST PIRAN'S DAY
- Credit: Alamy
March marks the day of Cornwall's patron of St Piran and there will be a host of events happening throughout the county to celebrate the giant's arrival in Cornwall where he taught the locals how to mine for tin...
Falmouth St Piran's Day Parade
A Furry Dance by local school children and musicians and procession.
Bodmin, St Piran's Day Parade
Celebrations commence with a parade down through the town to the Mount followed by singing and dancing.
Redruth, St Piran's Day Festival
First held in 2011, the festival celebrates the history of the town's importance in the tin industry and to showcase the Cornish culture.
- 1 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 6 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 7 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 8 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 9 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
Perranporth, St Piran's Play
Meet at Piran Point (TR6 0AQ) for the Grand Procession to St Piran's Oratory and Church. The play produced by the St Piran Trust takes place in Perranporth, where according to legend the reverend saint was washed up on millstone from Ireland in the 5th century. Crossing the dunes to St Piran's Cross, hundreds of people gather, generally dressed in black, white and gold, the colours of Cornwall, carrying the Cornish flag.