Affordable kitchen ideas – refresh the heart of your home without burning a hole in your pocket
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Discover how you can make your money stretch further and transform your kitchen with these handy tips.
Dino Mussell, from Parlour Farm, shares his ideas to help you achieve your dream kitchen without spending a fortune.
1) Re-paint your kitchen cabinets
If the bones of your kitchen are still in good condition, but the colour scheme isn’t as modern as you’d like, try a few coats of paint to instantly breathe new life into the space.
“This is the perfect fix for an undamaged kitchen needing a refresh, but it’s worth considering how much life your kitchen has left, as you may be better off simply getting a new one fitted,” says Dino.
2) Declutter and rethink your storage
Often the quickest and simplest way to improve a room is to organise it. Introducing clever storage solutions and clearing your worktops could make a world of difference.
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 Property of the month: Godfreys Farmhouse, Great Totham
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
If you’re aiming for a contemporary design, less is definitely more.
3) Make a statement
Give your kitchen the ‘wow’ factor by covering one wall in unique wallpaper, or installing a statement light fixture.
“You could replace your splashback tiles with a brighter colour, or add eclectic wall art to give your kitchen more character,” suggests Dino.
4) Consider a quality, lay-on kitchen
You may need to completely refurbish your kitchen to achieve your dream look. But there’s no need to compromise on quality and style if you don’t have a big budget.
“The Sebastian James kitchen range by Parlour Farm offers the same quality and durability as our bespoke option, for less,” Dino explains.
“The kitchens from our new range are cheaper to manufacture and install as they are precision-made, lay-on kitchens.”
The cabinets are manufactured using high-end Medite MDF, and the kitchens boast a 10-year guarantee.
“Although they’re not bespoke, there are still ways to tailor the kitchen to you,” Dino says.
“We can use colour match technology to make the cabinets in a colour of your choice, and can install any style of worktops or appliances to create your desired finished look.”
You can even upgrade your Sebastian James kitchen by adding bespoke features, like specific units for storage, or even a special rack for your spice collection.
Check out the showroom at 12 Wilkinson Road, Love Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 1YT.